1. Total books I own:-around 700
2. Last book I bought:-Wild Swans (Jung Chang)
3. Last book I read:-Last Days of the Reich (James Lucas) Five Point Someone (Chetan Bhagat) The BookSeller of Kabul (Asne Seierstad) Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown) Black Friday
4. Books that mean a lot to me: Alice in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll), The Prophet (Gibran), Roots (Alex Haley) To Kill a Mocking Bird (Harper Lee)
5. A book that’s on its way out of your house as you write this: Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
6. The book I found most disappointing:Black Friday
7. Funniest book I ever read:Alice in Wonderland
8. Books I want to read but have never been able to: Catch 22
9. 5 people I’ve now tagged:ummm…only Runa and Soumyadip
CHANGELOG: Soumyadip is added as a result of this
The boss gave me this to read.
Execution is “the missing link between aspirations and results,” and as such, making it happen is the business leader’s most important job. While failure in today’s business environment is often attributed to other causes, Bossidy and Charan argue that the biggest obstacle to success is the absence of execution. They point out that without execution, breakthrough thinking on managing change breaks down, and they emphasize the fact that execution is a discipline to learn, not merely the tactical side of business.